Seven things about Sarah
- When I was a kid, I wanted to be a trash man. I would spend hours daydreaming about riding on the back of a garbage truck, jumping off at every house and dumping people’s trash into it.
- I was born and raised in Asheville, North Carolina, a place Rolling Stone magazine once called "America’s New Freak Capital."
- I have my B.A. in Literature, a major I chose because I thought it was amazing that I could get a diploma just for reading fiction. It was like being able to major in eating chocolate.
- I can’t turn away stray cats and I’m convinced they know this.
- My father was a copy editor, reporter and award-winning columnist for our local paper.
- My mother has a nose ring, but we pretend it’s not there.
- Garden Spells, my mainstream debut, didn’t start out as a magical novel. It was supposed to be a simple story about two sisters reconnecting after many years. But then the apple tree started throwing apples and the story took on a life of its own...and my life hasn’t been the same since.
Seven things not enough? Check out 100 More Miscellaneous Things About Sarah.